Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Power of The Written Word...

  For those of you out there who love reading, which do you like better, reading on your computer, e-reader or smartphone, or the feel of a REAL book in your hands? I like reading my news on the computer, (mostly because my cat messes with the pages of my newspaper before I can get any actual reading done. But to sit down and read something serious, I can't escape the the feel of a book in my hands. I think that books will always have a place in the world, despite advances in technology which allow you to pack a thousand books on your Kindle or Kobo. Nobody can deny their attraction to travelers, books take up a lot of room in your luggage, but for around the house, you can't beat turning real pages. Besides, a beautiful wooden bookcase full of your favourite literary picks is a beautiful sight. Try that with your e-reader!


Photo by Vertigo Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment